I hate to say this, but it's time for me to lower my expectations. I dont wish to deal with disappointments anymore.
I realised it's been a pretty long while since I've been happy. And by 'happy', I mean cloud-nine happy. Mad rush of joy/nothing-can-ever-bring-me-down kinda elation. I miss that feeling. But I know deep down that I'm not gonna get the "designer happy pill" i want anytime soon, so I guess it's time for some necessary adjustments. Afterall, it takes two hands to clap, doesn't it?
I already took the first step. But the second step is gonna take some time to take effect, cos it's all in the mind; all part of the human psyche: learn to appreciate every single event.
They say it's the little things in life that matter. And that happiness in it's simplest form, is the best form. I agree with that in its entirety, but humans are born selfish. Animals have needs. Humans have needs AND wants. And the wants are often intensified by greed. I'm only human, so the same applies to me.
Step 2, then, is to really try to suppress that evil greed, the root of all evil (in this situation), so as to be able to be content with the little things.
Here's a toast to myself :) to the becoming of a better person!
posted from Bloggeroid